Celebrate the 19th annual Lights On Afterschool Oct. 25, 2018!
Launched in October 2000, Lights On Afterschool is the only nationwide event celebrating afterschool programs and their important role in the lives of children, families and communities. The effort has become a hallmark of the afterschool movement and generates media coverage across the country each year.
The Afterschool Alliance organizes Lights On Afterschool to draw attention to the many ways afterschool programs support students by offering them opportunities to learn new things—such as science, community service, robotics, Tae Kwon Do and poetry—and discover new skills. The events send a powerful message that millions more kids need quality afterschool programs.
- NEW: Lights On Afterschool poster
- NEW: Blinking lightbulb buttons – up to 100 for free; additional may be ordered via http://www.
- Lights On postcards you can use to encourage sites to register. Mail them or hand them out at your events. View Lights On postcard.
- Parent supporter card postcards. Use these to gather names of afterschool supporters for your contact lists. View supporter card.
- Postcards to send your members of Congress. Use these at events for supporters to write a line about why afterschool is important to their family/community. We will send you cards with postage paid and address to mail them to your local Congressional offices (we don’t recommend mailing to offices in the US Capitol Bldg in D.C.).